C.A.S.T. “Catch A Special Thrill” for Kids Program
The C.A.S.T. “Catch A Special Thrill” for Kids Event was designed to create an adaptive environment where children, ages 5-18, and adults could both benefit, sharing a day of fun on the water that they may not otherwise have the opportunity to experience. Participants are hosted at a local lake, or body of water, supplied with a fishing rod & reel, t-shirt, hat, and tackle box, partnered with an experienced volunteer angler and escorted onto a boat where, with the supervision of a parent or guardian, they are shown proper fishing techniques and receive natural resources education. Participants and volunteers all then return from their morning fishing excursion to a BBQ lunch and an awards ceremony.
- Expose children, who may not otherwise get the opportunity, to the sport of fishing and the enjoyment of the outdoors.
- Encourage continued participation in fishing by developing skills in the children along with their parents.
- Provide education and understanding to children about fish as a natural resource.
- Increase the awareness of all participants, parents, sportsmen, and volunteers, to the capabilities of children with disabilities, in effect strengthening local communities.
- Find a CAST for Kids event
- Past event's photos (on our Flickr site) If you looking for photos for a specific event - see our photo gallery page for directions.